For the first time since I started writing, I have no words of encouragement. I would usually start with addressing an issue or issues and somehow by the time I am rounding up, I would have located the silver lining in the seemly cloudy day.
Today is different. I feel angry, mad and despondent. I heard a certain guy had his entire family on that Dana airplane…who hears that and can still go on through the day as if nothing happened? How do you explain to a man like that that tomorrow is another day?
I still don’t know what I am doing at my desk, when I should be banging on the doors of Dana headquarters demanding that someone pay for what just happened. I refuse to let it just go.
I need an explanation. Why didn’t the pilot just refuse to fly the plane? Why did the Dana air folks demand that the plane must go to Lagos when they knew it was faulty…why why why? Why wasn’t help offered when the pilot kept insisting that they needed help moments before the plane went down? What type of country am I living in?
It is as if we Nigerians secretly know that when we need help, there is no way our government will come to our rescue.
What else can I say? I want justice. Something must be done to satisfy the anger I feel towards Dana Airlines.
- Dana Air Plane crashes in Iju-Ishaga area of Lagos…Newsfeeds (transformationwatch.com)
- Dana Air MD-83 Crashes near Lagos Airport (aviationnigeria.wordpress.com)
- Passenger Plane ‘Crashes Into Building In Lagos’ (jstsaying.com)
- All 153 passengers killed in Nigeria plane crash (twitchy.com)
- News Update:More Info on Dana Air Plane Crash (luchidotcom.wordpress.com)
- newsflick: More than 150 killed in Nigeria plane crash via the… (shortformblog.com)
- Passenger Plane Carrying Over 150 Crashes in Lagos, Nigeria (foxnewsinsider.com)
- Dana Air in emergency landing at MMIA (vanguardngr.com)
- Levi Ajuonuma dead… in ill fated plane (thenigerianoracle.com)
- The Last Flight – DANA 153 (afriqtalk.wordpress.com)